Families of Fort Riley and Junction City Middle School,
As we prepare for fall sports which are scheduled to begin the 17th of August, we ask you to please look through the information below regarding registration, specific sports program information and contact information for coaches and athletic department personnel.
For further information regarding middle school athletic programs, please follow these links:
Junction City Middle School – http://jcms.usd475.org/athletics/
Fort Riley Middle School – http://frms.usd475.org/athletics/
- If you have a student who is interested in participating in a fall sports program, we ask you to please register your student for participation through our online registration process. A direct link to that process is: https://registermyathlete.com/login/ Directions for completing the online registration process is located on each school’s athletic website.
- Fall sports offered: Volleyball, B/G Cross Country, Football.
- As part of the online registration process, you will need to upload a new sports physical and the KSHSAA Covid questionnaire – Physicals must be dated after May 1, 2020. Please schedule physicals as soon as you possibly can.
- Students/Families who have made the decision to choose remote learning as a platform for education during this school year will be eligible to participate in KSHSAA athletic programs. Transportation to and from school will be the responsibility of the student/family. Additional guidance regarding expectations for eligibility and co-curricular programs will be provided in the near future.
- As always….if you have questions or concerns please contact us at:
JCMS-785-717-4415 [email protected]
- Reminders regarding process put in place during COVID-19 (see below)
Prior to any activity that a student participates in we ask the family/student to ask these questions for screening prior to attending school, practice or competition.
- Today or in the past 24 hours have you had any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Do you have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks?
- Temperature check with a thermometer is recommended but not required (greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit is considered a fever).
- Forehead thermometer/touchless thermometer is preferable.
If the answer is YES to any of these questions, then please do not attend the activity and put others at risk.
Athletic Department – PROCESS AND PROCEDURES (these procedures may be added to/changed as we progress through the 2020-21 school year and subject to change at any time.)
- Local, State, District and KSHSAA guidelines will be followed regarding practice and competition and will be communicated prior to August 17th.
- Sport specific procedures will be shared by head coaches of each program with families/students.
- Attendance will be taken daily.
- Students will enter and exit areas at designated locations for school, practices, competitions.
- Students will be asked to leave if feeling sick or ill.
- Sanitizing procedures will be in place.
- Staff will clean and inspect equipment regularly.
- Students will be asked to provide their own water bottles and properly label.
- Students will be asked to wash/sanitize hands frequently throughout the day/practice/competition.
- Students will be asked to follow all procedures that are established for safety of self and others.
Brad Bascue, CAA
Fort Riley/Junction City Middle School